Sunday, June 28, 2015

June 15, 2015 The dangers of being lukewarm

 i don’t have a lot of time, so I’ll just share a thought i had this week. we are much more complacent with things than we should be. i realized that i am not really doing anything bad, i am following the rules, i am working all day, I’m basically doing everything that i should, but I’m not really doing anything overly spectacular either. and i was thinking, why should we settle for just being mediocre, for just doing what we are "supposed to?" if I’m here on a mission dedicating all of my time, then i should dang well be doing everything possible to use it in the most effective way i can. the mission lowered the baptismal goal when i arrived from a baptism every week to every month. if it’s possible to achieve something, then we should not settle for less.

in the church i have realized that there really no is any standing still. you can progress or we can unprogress.  Christ’s plan has always been progression, like it says in revelations. "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot:  I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." if we are going to be involved in something, we had better be committed, or there’s really no point.

so this week i started applying something found in the new testament, when the rich young ruler came to jesus and asked him "what lack i yet." i feel as if we don’t ask this question enough, and i think the reason is because we all feel sure that we will get an answer.

so that’s my challenge for all of you, go get an answer. then work on it.

that’s it for now, be good, love you guys.

elder gandola

No comments:

Post a Comment